Start Finishing: How to Go From Idea to Done
Start Finishing answers the following question: why is it that we don't do the stuff that really matters to us? It's easy to explain why we don't do the stuff we don't want to do, but what about the stuff we want to do?
It's the one book you need to turn your soul-deep dreams, goals, and ideas into doable projects that live on your schedule and get done.
"Start Finishing lives up to its promise to help people get good work done." – Foreword Reviews
Learn More About Start Finishing
How much of your time and attention lately has been focused on things that truly matter to you?
Most people's honest answer is: Not enough. Everyone is buried by busywork, responsibility, distraction, and fatigue.
The joy-producing, difference-making ideas are waiting for when the time is right, when the current project is over, when they have a little more money, when the kids are grown, or when they get a more understanding boss. They are waiting for someday.
The trouble is someday never comes on its own.
You are not incapable, wired to struggle, or fated to be unable to get your act together. With a few key steps, you can change the way you show up, how you plan, and how you respond when things get tough.
Start Finishing includes original contributions from Seth Godin, Susan Piver, Jonathan Fields, James Clear, and many other teachers. Pick up a copy today and start finishing the work that matters most to you.
Cut through all of the superficial productivity noise and really learn how to:
- Build your success pack of supporters, guides, peers, and beneficiaries
- Use the Five Project Rule to prioritize your daily schedule and be at peace with the work you choose not to do
- Chunk, link, and sequence your ideas down to doable parts
- Fly through drag points – how to deal with head trash, no-win scenarios, and other people’s priorities
- Heatmap your schedule so you do the right work at the right time
- Overcome cascades, logjams, and tarpits – the three ways projects routinely get stuck
- Finish strong – celebrate, review, and ride the momentum to your next goal
About Charlie Gilkey
Charlie Gilkey helps people start finishing the stuff that matters. He's the founder of Productive Flourishing, author of Start Finishing (2019) and The Small Business Lifecycle (2012), as well as the host of the Productive Flourishing podcast.
Before starting Productive Flourishing, Charlie worked as a Joint Force Military Logistics Coordinator while simultaneously pursuing a PhD in Philosophy. He lives with his wife, Angela, in Portland, Oregon.