I'm Charlie Gilkey, aka the Team Habits Guy. I partner with conscious leaders and organizations and help them build teams that work better together.
If you’re thinking about working with me, it’s probably because …
- You've rapidly expanded your team, things aren't coming together, and you don't have time to fumble through the darkness to get it right
- You've acquired or merged with another team, and while you might have the right people, how they're going to work well together isn't clear
- You don't want to have yet another strategic retreat that doesn't address the realities of your team or organization, but you're not sure what to do differently to make it impactful and engaging
- Your management team is finally open to accepting that they're not good at managing strategy execution or change management and you're ready to make it a team competence
- You've moved into a new position you don't feel prepared for, you've hit an uncomfortable leadership plateau, or you know your blind spots are dragging you down even though you can't see 'em
- You and your team have deep fatigue or burnout from the last few years of COVID and resets and there doesn’t seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel
I have different engagement styles to address those situations, but here are the most typical kinds of engagements:
- Team Habits Assessment: This engagement delivers a deep dive into your team habits and workways, pinpointing strengths and opportunities for growth. I provide actionable insights to fortify team performance, belonging, and outcomes, catering to teams at any stage of their journey.
- Executive coaching: I advise leaders, managers, and owners so they get out of the whirlwind and drive strategic progress. I'm especially adept at advising BIPOC, women, and accidental executives who haven't been on the "leadership" track but find themselves in an executive or senior leadership seat nonetheless.
- Strategy execution: These focus on supporting teams to align, prioritize, collaborate on, and operationalize their strategic priorities and initiatives. These engagements often integrate strategy execution frameworks like 4DX, OKRs, EOS/Traction, and Balanced Scorecard. They’re equally great for senior leadership teams who need to get on the same page or teams of high-potential leaders who need to learn by leading.
- Change management: These engagements center adaptive strategy, DEIJ, self-organized work, and 4P (purpose, people, profit, and planet) lenses. If you’ve tried a change management project and struggled, let’s talk - my approach to change management addresses why change management initiatives fail.
- Facilitation: I facilitate company offsites, strategy retreats, or rapid team-building events. For these, I co-create the event architecture to deliver the outcomes the event is intended to accomplish.
Oh, and I love bullet points.
If you’d like to move past bullet points and have a conversation to see how we might work together, fill out the form below and we’ll have a no-cost, no-obligation discovery session to see what we can co-create together.
About Me (Charlie Gilkey)
I am the lead consultant, coach, and strategist at Productive Flourishing. I have nearly 20 years of fieldwork that incorporates systems thinking, strategy execution, leadership and organizational development, practical innovation, and communication.
Besides the technical expertise, I possess a passionate drive to help leaders and owners achieve more than they could have ever imagined. My experience includes leading 200+ soldiers in the U.S. Army, 14 years consulting leaders in various industries in for-profit and nonprofit industries, writing award-winning books, and serving on various boards. My forthcoming book, Team Habits, is a guide to creating practices in teams that create great results and belonging.
The testimonials below are representative of the typical outcomes from working with me. I can provide more tailored testimonials upon request and you can also see more in my LinkedIn recommendations.