New to Productive Flourishing?
Nothing is harder to manage than your time and energy.
Work – heck, all of life – is full of projects that consume these precious resources. Unfortunately, distractions abound, and it’s easy to get sucked into focusing on the things that don’t matter.
You have a vision for how you want your life (your business, your home, your creative pursuits) to go. Things keep getting in the way, and it’s downright frustrating. Your ideas deserve to be heard, and you deserve to thrive.
Productive Flourishing has been helping creators, business owners, and leaders figure out how to finish their most important projects since 2007. We are the behind-the-scenes resource for some amazing teams.
Whatever stage of life you’re in, PF has resources to help you finish your most important projects.
Articles and the Resource Library: We’ve published over 2,000 articles on our blog. You can also check out our most popular blog posts on productivity, time management, and more. If you’d like to discover your productivity persona, check out our Momentum Quiz. For some in-depth free guides, check out the Resource Library.
A community: Want to connect with more people like you, who are seeking to finish their most important projects? Join our free community.
Productive Flourishing Academy: We built the Productive Flourishing Academy to help business owners and leaders gain knowledge, take action, and become who they want to be. Through weekly events like Leaders Labs, Business Growth Accelerators, Coworking sessions, Office Hours, and more, you will find the support and resources you need to level up your business.
Coaching: If you are a business owner or team leader, you can get 1:1 or group coaching with Charlie and Team PF.
Productive Flourishing was founded by Charlie Gilkey and Angela Wheeler, and keeping this community going is a team effort. Scroll down to learn more about Team PF.
Founder, author, speaker, business strategist, podcaster, and more
Charlie hails from Arkansas, and currently lives in Portland, Oregon. Before starting Productive Flourishing, he was an Army Joint Force Logistics Officer while working on his Ph.D. in Philosophy. He gets excited by seeing people accomplish more than they thought was possible.
- Loves playing coop strategy games
- Is a self-taught singer-songwriter who plays acoustic guitar
- Was a cheerleader in high school (pictures on Facebook serve as a public record, sometimes to his chagrin)
If you'd like to learn more about Charlie, read more here.
Angela Wheeler, PhD
Co-Founder, coach, speaker, facilitator, and more
Angela is a coach, author, speaker, and facilitator who teaches people how to thrive and lead by becoming aware of their strengths, creating nourishing boundaries, and cultivating the courage to become their best selves. She's the co-founder of Productive Flourishing and co-host of the Productive Flourishing podcast.
- Attracts stray neighborhood animals who run from blocks away to love on her
- Can't remember movies after she watches them
- Is often the receiver of secrets that people tell her but never share with anyone else
If you'd like to know more about Angela, read more here.
Chief Operating Officer
Steve is a long-time writer and editor (who hates to write about himself in the third person). He’s excited to bring his years of experience in corporate roles and in online business to Productive Flourishing. Steve originally hails from Michigan (Go Blue!), though he currently lives in San Antonio, Texas. When he’s not writing and editing and creating stuff (for PF and his own projects), Steve likes to play games (board, RPG, video), walk or hike, and chill with Hobbes the bulldog.
- Was also the lead in his high school musical
- Played piano and percussion through his school years (and wants his own conservatory room someday)
- Can't name a favorite book or author (so many books, so little time!)
Chief Marketing Officer
Cory’s eclectic background started with a BFA in theater, continued into tech startup marketing, founding The Abundant Artist, and consulting in a wide variety of industries. All of that comes together to bring an enthusiastic approach to marketing and leadership that strives for a balance between metrics and creativity. He lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife and their two perfect cats.
- Long time tabletop gamer and fan of Dungeons and Dragons
- Will talk your ear off about hot chocolate, cookies, and food in general
- Favorite biographies: The Power Broker by Caro, Truman by McCullough
Client Services Manager and Executive Assistant
Shannon was born and raised in the shadow of Mt. Rainier and is a lifelong resident of Washington state. Admin work combines her love of helping people and her obsessive need to follow up on details. In her free time, she's a political and social justice junkie and loves football (go Seahawks!).
- Played the lead in her high school’s production of the musical “The Pajama Game”
- Is addicted to lip balm and uses it multiple times a day
- Is neurotic about recycling and will take things out of the trash if they can be recycled
Content Marketing Specialist
Jess comes to Portland by way of the Midwest, and spends her days in copywriting, design and marketing, loving the continued challenge of being able to learn something new every day. When she's not playing around on the computer, she loves being outside in nature, practicing yoga, and hangin' with her hubby.
- Is a 200-hr registered yoga teacher and can't get enough to getting upside down
- Played French horn throughout middle school and high school
- Favorite fiction book is The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut and favorite non-fiction is Porcelain and Then It Fell Apart by Moby.
Osheyana lives in Portland, though she’s hardly a Portlander. She moved to the PNW straight out of high school from Maui, Hawaii, but she did the majority of her growin’ up in Central Texas and strongly regards herself as more of a Texan than an island-lady or Northwesterner. She is excited to bring her organization-brain and people-person skills to the team. When she's not engaging with the PF Community, you can expect Oshey to be cuddling with her cat, enjoying the outdoors, munching on good eats, or singing the day away.
- Performed in various choirs and theater productions for the better part of 12 years and was also a lead in her high school musical
- Lived in South Africa for a semester of college in 2016
- Sings and plays with an Americana band in Portland since 2019