About Team PF
While it's true that Charlie may have started Productive Flourishing, keeping this site, business, and community going is now a team effort with four employees and a handful of other folks from around the world, too. Scroll down to learn more about Team PF.
Founder, author, speaker, business strategist, podcaster, and more
Charlie hails from Arkansas, and currently lives in Portland, Oregon. Before starting Productive Flourishing, he was an Army Joint Force Logistics Officer while working on his Ph.D. in Philosophy. He gets excited by seeing people accomplish more than they thought was possible.
- Loves playing coop strategy games
- Is a self-taught singer-songwriter who plays acoustic guitar
- Was a cheerleader in high school (pictures on Facebook serve as a public record, sometimes to his chagrin)
If you'd like to learn more about Charlie, read more here.
Angela Wheeler, PhD
Co-Founder, coach, speaker, facilitator, and more
Angela is a coach, author, speaker, and facilitator who teaches people how to thrive and lead by becoming aware of their strengths, creating nourishing boundaries, and cultivating the courage to become their best selves. She's the co-founder of Productive Flourishing and co-host of the Productive Flourishing podcast.
- Attracts stray neighborhood animals who run from blocks away to love on her
- Can't remember movies after she watches them
- Is often the receiver of secrets that people tell her but never share with anyone else
If you'd like to know more about Angela, read more here.
Client Services Manager and Executive Assistant
Shannon was born and raised in the shadow of Mt. Rainier and is a lifelong resident of Washington state. Admin work combines her love of helping people and her obsessive need to follow up on details. In her free time, she's a political and social justice junkie and loves football (go Seahawks!).
- Played the lead in her high school’s production of the musical “The Pajama Game”
- Is addicted to lip balm and uses it multiple times a day
- Is neurotic about recycling and will take things out of the trash if they can be recycled
Chief Operations Officer
Steve is a long-time writer and editor (who hates to write about himself in the third person). He’s excited to bring his years of experience in corporate roles and in online business to Productive Flourishing. Steve originally hails from Michigan (Go Blue!), though he currently lives in San Antonio, Texas. When he’s not writing and editing and creating stuff (for PF and his own projects), Steve likes to play games (board, RPG, video), walk or hike, and chill with Hobbes the bulldog.
- Was also the lead in his high school musical, Pippin
- Played piano and percussion through his school years (and wants his own conservatory room someday — after the two-story library)
- Can't name a favorite book or author (so many books, so little time!)
Head of Education and Content
- Certified in Gallup’s CliftonStrengths and the Sparketypes (Nurturer/Maven) and will happily talk for hours about either
- Self-taught in the art of crochet and enjoys making stuffed animals for the littles in her life
- New cat mamma to rescue kitty Riverside
Mary Clare O'Donnell
Executive Publishing Assistant
Mary Clare has been writing and publishing online for clients since 2018. Her passions include climate activism and learning languages; she’s lived in five different countries (the U.S., UK, Germany, France, and Italy) and gets a kick out of seeing how the attitudes toward productivity change between places.
- ENFP, Type 7 Enneagram aka "The Enthusiast", into adventures, pasta, and, indeed, being intensely enthusiastic
- Proud Mama to her 1.5-year-old munchkin, Margherita ("Margot" for short)
- Living and working remotely from Italy, when she's not in Philly