Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure … than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. –Theodore Roosevelt
We help Creative Giants thrive in life and business.
What’s a Creative Giant, you ask?
Creative Giants are talented Renaissance Souls with a compassion-fueled bias towards action. They are functionally delusional enough to think they can create a better world, and tenacious, capable, and courageous enough to actually do it. This, of course, naturally makes them Giants among men – but being an outlier is awkward, vulnerable, and lonely, so they’ve learned to hide their gianthood. Read more about the 12 characteristics of Creative Giants here.
If this sounds like you, know this: you do not have to hide here. We challenge you to stand tall and be as amazing as you are. The taller you stand, the taller we can as well.
We get Creative Giants because we are Creative Giants. We’re figuring this out together.
We focus on the Be-Know-Do of mastering yourself and the world. You have to BE a person of character. You have to KNOW the skills and expertise that power your craft and body of work. And you’ve got to DO the work and continually start finishing the stuff that matters.
Where Do I Start?
There’s a lot of content here, so we suggest heading back to our New Here? page.
You can also subscribe to get free access to our content library and updates via email.
Thanks again for visiting Productive Flourishing. If you don’t read anything else, please read this:
Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. –Marianne Williamson
Stand Tall, Creative Giant!
Founder – Author – Speaker – Business Strategist – Podcaster
Charlie hails from Arkansas (in case you’ve ever wondered about the accent that pops up sometimes), but currently lives in Portland, Oregon. Before starting Productive Flourishing, he was an Army Joint Force Logistics Officer while working on his Ph.D. in Philosophy. He gets excited by seeing people accomplish more than they thought was possible.
Fun facts about Charlie:
- Loves playing coop strategy games
- Is a self-taught singer-songwriter who plays acoustic guitar
- Was a cheerleader in high school (pictures on Facebook serve as a public record, sometimes to his chagrin)
If you’d like to learn more about Charlie, check out his longer bio.
Angela Wheeler, Ph.D.
Author – Speaker – Community Engagement Manager
In addition to being a speaker, author, and consultant, Angela is the co-founder of PF and our Community Engagement Manager. With a Ph.D. in sociology and her experience at PF, the best way to describe Angela is as a catalyst for positive change in life and business. She’s passionate about working as a wayfinder for women tapping into their inner power, bringing the female voice of business to light, and creating and navigating business relationships that support the thriving of the whole person.
Some quick facts about Angela:
- Attracts stray neighborhood animals who run from blocks away to love on her; it’s freaky sometimes
- Can’t remember movies after she watches them
- Is often the receiver of secrets that people tell her but never share with anyone else
If you’d like to know more about Angela, read more here.
Administrative Miracle Worker
Shannon was born and raised in the shadow of Mt. Rainier and is a lifelong resident of Washington state. Admin work combines her love of helping people and her obsessive need to follow up on details. In her free time, she’s a political and social justice junkie and loves football (go Seahawks!).
Some fun facts about Shannon:
- Played the lead in her high school’s production of the musical “The Pajama Game”
- Is addicted to lip balm and uses it multiple times a day
- Is neurotic about recycling and will take things out of the trash if they can be recycled
Operations Coordinator and Project Manager Extraordinaire
Jo lives here in Portland, but is originally from Florida (yes, THAT Florida). She escaped as soon as she could with her liberal arts and sciences degree. A prior business owner and client of Charlie’s, she’s realized that owning a business isn’t for her, and working for Productive Flourishing combines everything she loves to do into one job. Dreamy. When she’s not at work, Jo loves playing tabletop games, going blues-dancing, obsessing over her animals, and playing Ultimate Frisbee in a tutu.
Some (somewhat) unknown nuggets about Jo:
- Drank a Red Bull for the first time (and quite possibly the last) in 2017
- Loves orchids and buys the really sad ones that have already bloomed, since no one else will
- Can be bribed with, and accepts apologies when they include, a delicious burger (especially one from Yakuza here in Portland)
Graphic Designer and Doer of Anything You Need
Jess comes to Portland by way of the Midwest, and she spends her days in design and marketing, loving the continued challenge of being able to learn something new at least once a day. When she’s not playing around on the computer, she loves being in nature, finding new, fun things to cook, and feeling the yoga high.
A few lovely things about Jess:
- Played French horn throughout middle school and high school
- Lived in Chicago for five years (go Cubs!)
- Has never successfully connected to Bluetooth