Ever notice that the thing you most want to do in your business is the thing that’s the hardest to find time to do? It’s easy for the busyness of business to take over and make it such that every day, it seems like you’re getting further and further from the core of your business.
It’s not just you. And if it isn’t you at all, that’s awesome.
Marissa and I decided to jump on the phone and talk about finding the space for that thing since that’s one of ways we work with each other and our clients. In this almost 30 minute long conversation, you’ll hear about:
- How busy-ness develops and what it has to do with clarity (or a lack thereof)
- Why the 80/20 principle isn’t actually what trips us up–and what it is that does
- The difference between productivity and effective action
- Why finishing a project can be difficult and what happens after completion
- How to identify tasks that “need” your attention and that “want” your attention–and how to use them to build momentum
- What are sugar tasks and how to use them to boost your effective action
- Why it seems like everything on your to-do list is important and the practice you have to develop to work effectively with your task lists
- “Marissa’s Tip of the Day” – a quick activity to immediately reinvigorate your to-do list
If you’d like to see and hear more of these types of conversations, let us know by leaving a quick comment. It’s fun for us, too.
I’m a big fan of the 80/20 principle. I think most things in life and business are not important. We should just focus on the critical few and spend as little time possible on the rest