I moved from MediaTemple because the Grid Service wasn’t able to keep up with the heavy resource demands. While you may not have noticed it on the front-end, it was starting to be a major problem on the back-end – it was so slow that it was impacting the effectiveness of the team of writers and support folks. I tried their (ds) service but didn’t like it, and it turned out to not be the right solution anyway.
If you wrote me last night or this morning and got a bounceback notification, I wanted to let you know that my email’s up and working again, too. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
It’s good when your website grows in demand such you have to upgrade from a shared server solution, but that growth comes at a cost: it’s now probably going to cost me 5 times as much to serve up the content here. I’ll write another post about this in the next few days, as it’s easy to forget that “free content” isn’t free.
This migration is also why I haven’t posted in a bit. It’s a pain to have a major migration coming up, and I didn’t want another traffic and comment spike to happen mid-migration. Since all systems are up and running now, sit back and enjoy the ride. It’ll now be much faster and more reliable.
I wanted to give a shout out to Rachael Acklin who did the work of researching solutions and migrating the blog. Thank you, Spock Elf, for making this migration happen.