[Abstract: This brief post discusses some of the changes to this blog.]
After several hours of tinkering with CSS code and trying to figure out where my titles went, I have completed an update to the look of APPD. I have also reinstalled some new plugins.
- Changed the font to be bigger and more readable–Century Schoolbook makes a great paper font for real paper, but it’s not the most reader friendly online.
- Changed the tannish look of the background to white. The original intent was to make the site look like you were reading a paper, but that look didn’t work so well.
- Numerous other color optimizations focused mainly on readability.
- Added Tag-this plug-in to help with tagging the articles. Please help me out with tagging my posts, as this is something that I have trouble doing. I still get tags and categories mixed up.
- Added Star-rating of posts to see what people are actually interested in. My past two posts have been muses primarily for me, but I’m much more interested in writing stuff that people want to read. At least, I mostly am.
- Added other under the hood plug-ins to help with maintenance and faster reading and loading. One of these days I’ll blog about what plugins I use, as that seems to be the thing to do.
I’ll also try to keep up with the abstracts of my posts so that you know what you’re getting into. My last post was a long one and it seemed at least courteous to let you know what you were getting into.
If you like or dislike some of the changes, please let me know, if nothing else so that I don’t fill like I’m writing out into the void.