What’s the relationship between productivity and personal development?
In Episode 1, Sara, Duff, Jonathan, and I talk about why there seems to be a disconnect between productivity and personal development, even though you can’t really separate the two.
In this episode, you’ll hear…
- How productivity systems become less important when you’re doing things you find meaningful
- Why productivity has become about external rewards and punishments and why personal development is about internal rewards and growth
- Why the Weekly Review is so hard
- Why deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do, and how a “To Stop” list may help you grow more than a “To Do” list
- How understanding that you can only do when thing at a time can make you more creative, productive, and at peace with yourself
If you like this episode, please share it on Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Delicious, or your favorite social media service. But, more importantly, please join the conversation by commenting either here or on your own blog.
And if you like what they panelists are saying, why not visit them in their spaces, too?
This Episode’s Panelists
Sara Pemberton is the author of On Simplicity, a blog about creating a happier, easier, more enjoyable life for yourself by focusing on simplicity. She has a background in writing and education; she approaches personal development from a deconstructionist perspective. She can be reached at sara AT onsimplicity DOT net.