What You'll Find Here
- 5 ways to share The Small Business Life Cycle
- Facts about The Small Business Life Cycle
- Where to buy the book
- Blog content ideas
- A guide to being awesome and writing an Amazon review
- Related free content that might be useful to share
- Tweets and suggested social content
- Charlie's Bio
5 Ways to Share The Small Business Life Cycle
- Send out an email blast to your list
- Write a blog post featuring a book review or interview with Charlie
- Write an Amazon review
- Send a personal note/email to 5 clients or friends who you know could benefit from reading the book. Maybe even just send them the book? It would be especially helpful if you know anyone who might want to buy the book in bulk to hand out to employees, friends, clients, strangers, you know.
Facts About The Small Business Life Cycle
- The Small Business Life Cycle is the culmination of years of research, observation, and experience. Charlie didn't "come up" with it as much as he was just describing patterns and ways to work through the patterns. The framework is something we use everyday in working with clients and accessing growth pathways.
- The book itself took about 3 months to complete.
- Charlie was originally writing another book that he intended to traditionally publish but it became obvious he needed to focus his attention on this one instead.
- The book hit the #1 spot on Amazon in its respective categories shortly after going live and again when the print version was released.
- The book was accidentally leaked before the official pre-launch work was complete, leaving the PF team scrambling to meet the demand created by an early release.
- The Small Business Life Cycle is relatively short and most people can read it in one sitting.
- When first published, The Small Business Life Cycle was deemed a "treatise" on small business growth.
- Yes, there are follow-on books that augment or use the concepts in The Small Business Life Cycle. We're considering which book will be next and how we'll publish it.
- The Small Business Life Cycle makes for a fantastic client/employee gift (we couldn't help ourselves).
Where to Buy the Book
Blog Content: Interview or Review
If you'd like to write a blog post about how The Small Business Life Cycle has helped you, we'd really love that. Please include a link to The Small Business Life Cycle Amazon page so your readers can have easy access to the goods that helped you find such success!
Consider writing about the stage of business you're currently in so your readers can see how the life cycle applies to someone they know, trust and love.
Charlie is also available for interviews (he prefers audio/video/print interviews in that order). When you hit publish, we will happily share your interviews with our audience on the appropriate social media channels to direct some extra traffic your way.
If you'd like to schedule an interview, please contact email@example.com.
A guide to being awesome and writing an Amazon review
If writing a blog post is a bit much, or not relevant to your audience, please consider writing a review on Amazon if you haven't already. Reviews that include how The Small Business Life Cycle has helped you grow your small business, including important takeaways and action steps you took upon reading the book, would be extremely helpful.
You can write a review here.
Related Free Content
The following blog posts about The Small Business Life Cycle would be particularly helpful to share if you recognize yourself in one of the stages and can help your fans and followers understand where they might fit in. Consider sharing these on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Social Bookmarking is always appreciated as well (think StumbleUpon, Reddit, Delicious, Bolt, Pinterest, etc.).
- Stage 0: The Aspirational Stage
- Stage 1: The Entry Stage
- Stage 2: The Growth Stage
- Stage 3: The Crucible Stage
- Stage 4: The Cruise Stage
- An Overview of All the Stages
The link to The Small Business Life Cycle sales page is here.
Or you can link to The Small Business Life Cycle announcement blog post, which gives some more background on how SBL came to life.
If you're a big fan of images and have a raving Pinterest addiction, please consider sharing the book cover with your fans.
Please pin this page.
And here are some images for you to share if you'd like to embed them in a blog post or on social media:
Tweets and Social Media Content
If you prefer expressing your opinions rapid-fire in 280 characters or less, we've prepared some easy copy- and paste-able statements. Here are some ideas:
- Are you a small business owner looking to grow? @CharlieGilkey's book The Small Business Lifecycle is a must read! bit.ly/2MmfTBB (Tweet this.)
- What stage of @CharlieGilkey'sThe Small Business Life Cycle are you in? Find out here: bit.ly/2MmfTBB (Tweet this.)
- Not sure what the right "next move" is? Read The Small Business Life Cycle by @CharlieGilkey to find out more: bit.ly/2MmfTBB (Tweet this.)
- Are you doing the stuff that matters? Grow your #smallbusiness the smart way with @CharlieGilkeys's book, The Small Business Life Cycle: bit.ly/2MmfTBB (Tweet this.)
- Looking for some growth in your #smallbusiness? Check out "The Small Business Life Cycle" by @CharlieGilkey: bit.ly/2MmfTBB (Tweet this.)
- Looking for a good #smallbusiness book to read? Check out "The Small Business Life Cycle" from @CharlieGilkey: bit.ly/2MmfTBB (Tweet this.)
- Feeling stuck in your small business? Read "The Small Business Life Cycle" from @CharlieGilkey to kickstart your growth! bit.ly/2MmfTBB (Tweet this.)
Charlie Gilkey is the founder of Productive Flourishing, a company that helps professional creatives, leaders, and changemakers take meaningful action on work that matters. He is internationally known as a thought leader on productivity, planning, strategy, and leadership for creative people.
Charlie is the author of The Small Business Life Cycle and Start Finishing: How to Go From Idea to Done, and is widely cited in outlets such as Inc., Time, Forbes, the Guardian, Lifehacker, and more. He’s also an Army veteran and near-PhD in philosophy.