If you’ve been in or around small business, you’ve probably noticed that they share a lot of the same challenges and opportunities.
If you look deeper, though, you’ll probably notice that that’s only half-true: small businesses in the same stage of growth share the same challenges and opportunities. One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to growing small businesses.
My book, The Small Business Life Cycle, shows how to navigate the different stages of small business growth. You’ll be in and out of it in an afternoon, but the insights you’ll learn will stay with you for years.
We’ve created this page to share additional resources that support the book. Given that we shared a lot of the ideas on this website before we wrote the book, you’ll see a lot of the same ideas here. They’re much more worked out and polished in the book, though. And, as much as I like free stuff, too, the book is the best way to really understand and apply the material. Given that it’s also available for Kindle, you can be reading it in two minutes.
Suggested Reading for Each Stage of the Small Business Life Cycle
- Prove Them Right
- Why You're Undervaluing Yourself (And How To Stop)
- The 3ps of Pricing Part One: Perception
- The 3ps of Pricing Part Two: Placebo
- The 3ps of Pricing Part Three: Positioning
- What WWII Can Teach You About Business: The Beachhead Offer
- Failure Is An Opportunity
- Getting Some Perspective On Your Epic Losses and Failures
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott
- The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman
- Financial Intelligence by Karen Berman and Joe Knight
- Influence by Richard Cialdini
- Create Your Own Employee Handbook by Lisa Guerin and Amy Delpo
- Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck
- Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- It’s Not About the Coffee by Howard Behar, Janet Goldstein, and Howard Schultz
Click here to check out all of our recommended books.
Recommended Small Business Solutions and Service Providers
Check out our Recommended Small Business Solutions page. Over there, you’ll find a whole list of systems, apps, and programs — some free, and some paid — to help you organize and streamline your business operations and marketing.
Looking to Share The Small Business Life Cycle with Others?
Great! We so appreciate you being excited enough about this book and your journey that you want to share it and support us! You can check out our Small Business Life Cycle Support page to find information and assets related to sharing the book.