We Help Leaders Build Connected, Aligned, and High-Performance Teams
Better teamwork leads to better execution which leads to better results. It’s really that simple.
Unfortunately, simple ≠ easy.
While we work with companies in a variety of modalities, a core component of our engagements focus on changing an organization’s team habits. More than what any single person says or thinks, how the team works with each other is what determines how effective the team is and whether individuals on the team feel a sense of appreciation, belonging, and respect. (Without those, “high performance” is only short-term.)
We work with leaders and managers to make the sound, right, and sometimes hard choices that have been piling up in their digital and psychic inboxes. Whether it’s a reorganization, a new startup within a corporate structure, or a team transition, we’re with our clients every step of the way. In each case, it’s not whether a change has started that counts, but how well leaders and managers see the change through.
Featured Service Offer: Team Strategy Execution Engagement
The Goal: The core goal of this engagement is to enhance teamwork, align the team around strategic priorities, and discuss how the team will partner to make progress toward those priorities.
What does this mean for your bottom line?
- Better employee morale, as more people feel like their work matters and pushes the team forward
- Faster ship time, which either means more money sooner or less waste as you figure it out
- Lower team costs since the same results can happen with fewer people, or those same people generate even more output on the projects that move the needle in your business
- Fewer meetings, since people actually know what’s going on and can work autonomously while still knowing they’re not out in left field
- Less frustration that the real, root-cause or game-changing stuff keeps getting booted for the whirlwind
- And in the end, more measurable progress, less mere motion.
The Structure: Any of these strategy execution packages can be customized to suit your particular team’s needs and budget.
The core of each package is a full- or half-day strategy execution workshop, facilitated by Charlie, and customized to fit the specific needs of your organization and team. This also includes a pre-workshop development session to co-create the workshop structure and agenda, and a post-workshop debrief to review workshop accomplishments, plan next steps, and get the team moving forward right away.
The half-day workshop package includes the half-day workshop and the pre- and post-workshop sessions, for a fee of $5,000.
The full-day workshop package includes the full-day workshop and the pre- and post-workshop sessions, for a fee of $10,000.
Strategy Execution Sessions facilitated by Charlie (3 or 6 sessions, one per month; $5,000 or $10,000)
- These monthly two-hour strategy execution sessions ensure that there is dedicated time, focus, and conversations to discuss progress toward priorities and challenges getting in the way.
- Having an outside facilitator run the meetings lessens the leaders' loads and allows them to participate in the sessions rather than run them.
1:1 Executive Coaching Sessions (generally 6 sessions in the 7 months following the workshop; $10,000)
- These 1:1 executive coaching sessions create the space for any individual member of the leadership team to soundboard, strategize, and co-create solutions for the unique challenges and opportunities that are emerging for them. These are usable by any member of the team.
Full Service Offerings
Our plug-and-play services allow us to meet your exact needs. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Reach out. We probably have a service that fits your goals and situation.
Executive Coaching and Leadership Development
Group Coaching for Executives & Senior Managers
Team Development Accelerator
Remote Work Transitions & Management
Full-Day Team Development Programs
Executive Retreat & Strategy Facilitation
About Charlie Gilkey
While it takes a team to serve our clients, Charlie Gilkey acts as the lead consultant, coach, and strategist.
More about Charlie: I have about 20 years of fieldwork that incorporates systems thinking, strategy execution, leadership and organizational development, practical innovation, and communication. Besides the technical expertise, I possess a drive to build services that support entrepreneurs, creatives, teams, and other individuals and entities, and help them achieve more than they could have ever imagined. Here’s a high-level summary of what I’ve been up to:
- I’m a veteran and spent eight years in the Army building, training, and leading high-performance teams in joint-force logistics. During my command tenure, I was responsible for 219 soldiers and about $20M worth of equipment. I exited as a Captain.
- I’ve spent the last 14 years guiding founders, executives, and leaders on how to shift from personality-centric groups to systems-centric and scalable teams in order to lead in their market sectors. I’ve worked across multiple industries, ranging from military, academic, and non-profit to small business and corporate.
- I’m a best-selling and award-winning author and frequently sought out for interviews. In addition, my website, Productive Flourishing, is one of the world’s top websites for its category.
- The Productive Flourishing team currently consists of six full-time staff and a handful of independent contractors. I get what you’re doing because I’m doing it as well.
- I serve on nonprofit boards and recently chaired one board. I also serve on several of the nonprofits’ strategy committees since that’s often where the work of translating strategy into execution happens.
- I’m a PhD candidate in Philosophy. I specialize in ethics and political philosophy, with my primary research interests focused on the political and social arrangements that lead to individual and collective thriving.
Some would call my history “unusual.” But it’s my unique amalgam of expertise, perspective, and experience that helps people and companies grow. If you work with me, I’ll ask the unasked questions and develop seemingly unconventional strategies that solve problems and identify opportunities for growth.