Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you. Without your trust and willingess to work with me, I wouldn’t get to do one of the things I love most to do.
I’d really appreciate it if you’d share the story of our work together. This will help me assess my expectations of our work together and, more importantly, help me communicate my great work with people who are curious about whether we’re a good fit.
Below is a list of questions to help spur the process of you sharing your story. You do not have to answer any or all of them – they’re there just to help get you started.
A good story and testimonial goes beyond saying that it was great to work with me and you had fun. It tells a combination of what we did, how we did it, and why what we did matters. It says all of this in your voice. I know, this is a big request. Thank you.
Your story can be as short or as long as you’d like it to be. My team and I will edit it and share it with you. Don’t worry about it being perfect – focus on it being you.
There are four ways you can share your story. You can:
- Write your story in the submission form below.
- Record a video and share the link in the submission box. We’ll take it from there.
- Call in and talk it out by dialing:
- Download the questions and fill out the PDF – for those that need to get away from the screen to think about it. Click here to download it. Once it’s filled out, you can send it to us via email at email@example.com.
If none of these work and you have a burning story to tell, just email me and we’ll get it figured out.
Remember, you don’t have to answer any or all of these. They’re just to get your story-wheels turning.
- What were we able to do together that you feel would’ve been impossible or much harder to do on your own?
- How did our partnership build a better business and future for you?
- What were some particularly standout accomplishments, milestones, or experiences that occurred during our work together?
- In what ways are you better off now than before we worked together?
- What was a positive, unforeseen development, accomplishment, or insight that you experienced during or because of our work together?
- How has our work together improved your personal life?
- In what ways do you have more clarity now than before we started?
- In what ways has your status and recognition from your peers, customers, tribe, or network improved?
- How did our work affect your revenue and profit? (Note: This is one of the most helpful questions to answer due to my standing goal of helping you make more money and a prospect’s concerns around ROI. Percentages increases are quite sufficient and actual numbers are better.)
- How is your business team stronger now than before we started working together?
- What significant strategic goals were you able to make headway on? How does that feel?
- Can you describe what it feels like to work with me? Is there a metaphor or analogy that really resonates with you?
- A prospect on the fence will most likely be concerned that they’ll pay me but not see a return on their investment. What would you tell them?
- What would you tell a friend who was curious about working with me?
- Do you intend to work with me in the future? What’s the value in continuing?
- Many people see paying for coaching, consulting, and advising as a sign that they’re not good enough to do it on their own. Looking at the context of our work, what would your reply to someone with this belief be?
For Returning Clients
- What led you to start working with me again?
- What was it like to stop working with me after you had been for a while?
- What made it clear to you that it was time for us to start working together again?
- What did it feel like once we tarted working with each other again?
Thank you for sharing your story
When you submit your testimonial – in whatever way works best for you – we’ll review it, edit it, and get it on our website. Remember, we want your authentic imperfection, not your polished perfection. Sooner and rougher is better than later and polished.
Again, thanks for allowing me to serve and for sharing your story.