Resources for Creatives
Start Finishing with Productive Flourishing
Creative types are unique in that their best asset–their creativity–can also be their biggest burden. It’s so easy to get sidetracked by bright, shiny objects or to let your inbox turn into a time-suck. The good news: I get you.
Every day, I speak or work with creative people who are out to finish the stuff that matters. What I’ve learned in the decades I’ve been at it is that the more capable you are, the better you have to be at prioritizing, decision-making, planning, and expectations-managing. Overcommitment and overreaching lead to overwhelm and demotivation.
To give you an easy place to start finishing what matters most to you, I’ve curated the best resources I’ve created over the years. Follow your curiosity and take your time.
Productivity & Time Management
- Use the Two-Hour Rule to Make Progress on Your Creative Projects
- Why You Really Don’t Have a Time Management Problem
- Effectiveness Is All About Managing Your Time, Energy, and Attention
- How Heat Mapping Your Productivity Can Make You More Productive
- The Engagement Threshold: The Key to Consistent Creativity and Productivity
- See More on Productivity
- Stop Checking Email. Process It Instead.
- Why Working From Your Email Inbox Doesn’t Work
- No Productivity System Can Override Your Choices
- Turn the Instant Off
- See More on Email Management
Creativity & Flow
- The 4 Steps of the Creative Process
- A User’s Guide to Creative Tension
- 5 Ways to Get Through the Creative Red Zone
- How to Be Creative and Productive in Every Stage of a Project
- Success Often Comes When You’re Not Searching for It
- See More on Creativity
Getting Projects Done
- Who’s the Project Owner?
- Why You Shouldn’t Do “Just One More Project”
- Just Get It Done
- A Frog A Day Keeps Your Anchors Aweigh
- The Benefits of Displacement
- See More on Planning
- How to Recover from the 10 Types of Demotivation
- Perfectionism Keeps You from Being Safe
- Failure Is Like Prom Night
- 21 Ways to Quickly Short-Circuit a Funk
- A Different Past Would’ve Changed You – So What?
- See More on Motivation
Success Mindset & Inspiration
- Prove Your Yaysayers Right
- So Much More Than Damaged Goods
- Shake It, Don’t Break It: The World Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Stand Up
- The 3 Key Ideas from Aristotle That Will Help You Flourish
- 12 Simple Ways to Be Present
- Straight to Happy
- Empty Your Own Boat to Increase Your Happiness
- The World Will Always Begin At Your Feet
Products from Productive Flourishing
Start Finishing Your Projects
Start Finishing Your Projects is a course where you will learn the tools you need to finish the projects that matter to you. If you’re ready to stop thinking about ideas and start finishing them, this is the course for you.
Email Triage is a process for sorting through your inbox and determining what needs to be deleted, what needs to be archived, and finally, what needs your attention.
The Momentum Planners Bundle is a ready-to-go bundle of our popular planners for creatives, entrepreneurs, and changemakers. It includes planners for the rest of 2016 and all of 2017, as well as exclusive planners, prompts, and how-tos.
See What Other Creatives Think About Productive Flourishing
"My day job is a project manager. I know how to get things done for my clients, how to organize projects, how to motivate a team and keep people on task. When it comes to my personal work, not so much! After two hours with Charlie’s process, I was able to get really clear on how to start taking care of my own project. It’s magic!" – Denise Ransome