As much as I love technology to solve business needs and have recommended some small business solutions, nothing beats quality people who give fantastic service. The service providers below are run by people I trust because I've either worked with them as a coach or client or have personally seen the results people had from working with them. Additionally, they are strong on process and principled on price, meaning that they're worth every penny they charge and deliver every time. You'll find reliable service providers in web design, editing, marketing, bookkeeping, podcast development, and more on this page.
If you contact any of them, let them know I sent you or, if you have any questions, email me at Charlie AT ProductiveFlourishing DOT com. Getting people connected and fixed up is one of my favorite things to do.
Writing, Editing, and Publishing
- Tracking Wonder -- Specialty: Helping You Move from Ideas to a Coherent Book. Jeffrey Davis helps writers and authors turn their ideas into books and has been doing so for decades. He's also a published author, poet, prolific writer, and deep but accessible intellectual soul. If you need help coaxing that idea into a coherent and captivating book, Jeffrey has you covered.
- JetLaunch -- Specialty: Turning Your Words into a Book. If you're not going the traditional publishing route, run - don't walk - and talk to Chris O'Byrne and the JetLaunch team. I've seen them get people's books to market in weeks and they were absolutely instrumental in me getting my book out. Chris is amazing to work with and knows his stuff.
- Content Mastery Guide -- Specialty: Turning Conversations into Digital Words. Linda Dessau is a ghostwriter whose primary focus is blog posts. You talk to Linda, and Linda takes your conversation and writes it up. What's different about this is that they are your ideas, but it's a great way to get over writer's block, as few of us have talker's block. If the idea just isn't hitting the page, talk to Linda.
- Oliver Editorial -- Specialty: Helping Authors Clarify Their Writing by Clarifying Their Thinking, and Vice Versa. Catherine Oliver is amazing at seeing the connections of ideas, threads and through lines, and conceptual flow - in other words, she's an amazing developmental and substantive editor for people with big ideas. She combines the patience of a saint with the tenacity of the protector of your body of work. She’s worked with best-selling authors and I count myself lucky to be able to work with her. If you’re wanting your book to be the very best it can be, work with Catherine.
- Joanne McCall -- Specialty: Getting National Attention for Your Book. It can be hard to get national attention for your book, but it's still true that connections to the right person or media outlet (say, Oprah or the New York Times) can make a huge difference to your success as an author. Joanne can help you navigate that path, and she has a track record of helping authors like Brian Tracy, David Simon, and Dr. Richard Bandler get national attention for their work. Contact Joanne to get your book the mass media it deserves.
Marketing, Branding, and Copywriting
- Propel BusinessWorks -- Specialty: Communication (Marketing) Planning and Implementation. The Propel team shines at coming up with a comprehensive communications plan for you and then implementing it. They excel at what many founders try to offload to VAs and/or poorly trained and overwhelmed teammates. If you want your communications done right and don't want to spend six months training someone to do it, contact Propel.
- The Voice Bureau -- Specialty: Writing Resonant Copy That Converts. The Voice Bureau is one of the few copywriting and branding teams I've seen that can really capture Creative Giants without making them seem vapid, outlandish, or otherwise less than the brilliant gems they are. Contact her if you're tired of struggling with getting your brilliance to show up on screen or want to make sure you're making compelling invitations to your offers without feeling like the late OxyClean guy. (Wait! There's more!)
Admin, Bookkeeping, and Tech Support
- UAssist.Me -- Specialty: Virtual Assistants. UAssist.me is a company that provides trained, affordable VAs. You can either work with US VAs or VAs based out of El Salvador.
- PriorityVA -- Specialty: Virtual Assistants. PriorityVA matches Leaders with trusted, world-class Executive Assistants
to help them protect their time, energy, and focus.
- Your Virtual Assistant -- Specialty: Bookkeeping. If you're looking for a bookkeeper, run -- don't walk - and talk to Michelle. Not only is she one of the most reliable, hard-working people I've ever worked with, she's a fantastic bookkeeper that just gets it done so you don't have to worry about it. She takes great care of our books and has delighted every person I've sent her way.
- Online Business Manager Association -- Specialty: Online Business Management. Tina Forsyth started the OBM Association, an association of highly trained managers skilled in running online businesses. They're a big step up from your common VA in that they come in, build systems, and manage your business, as opposed to waiting around for you to tell them what to do. If you're looking for a partner to hold some of the responsibility for everything it takes to maintain and grow your business, head on over to the OBM Association.
Legal and Tax Strategy
- Rachel Rodgers Law Office -- Specialty: Protecting Your Ideas and Maximizing Their Value. Rachel is a nationally known Intellectual Property Strategist and Attorney. Odds are, if you're reading this page, you're a walking intellectual property (IP) factory, and your most valuable non-human asset is the body of work that you're creating. Rachel can help you protect it and leverage it, whether that's by filling out trademark and copyright applications, being the person who kindly but firmly keeps people from stealing your ideas, or helps you think through different ways to use the IP you've already developed. She's who covers my butt and makes sure it's actually an enjoyable process - she can be the same for you, too.
Web Design and Development
- Sprout New Media -- Specialty: Helping Non-Techies Make Websites. If you like the design of this website, you like Sprout New Media's work. Lisa Wood (Sprout's founder) is a fantastic designer, but more important, she's great to work with. She has the patience to sit down with you throughout the whole process, and she can show you how to use the new site you just paid good money to have designed and developed. If the thought of having your website designed or redesigned makes you want to hide under your desk, contact Lisa at Sprout New Media. She'll get you hooked up.
- Public Words -- Specialty: Crafting Your TED talk for Maximum Impact and Profit. I've seen the impact of Nick Morgan's work with some of my clients and I've already told him that when it's my time to craft my TED talk, I'm hiring him. While Nick can advise on aspects of the business of professional speaking, he truly excels at helping you craft that speech that will change the world or your audience. Of course, game-changing performances lead to ever more business as a speaker, so if you're ready to uplevel your speeches, Nick and Public Words should be the first people you contact.
- Book More Business -- Specialty: Helping Speakers Book More Business. Founded by Lois Creamer, Book More Business's specialty is getting you hired and paid as a speaker. If you're tired of free talks, honorariums, and Starbucks-would-be-better fees, contact Lois.
Audio and Video Production and Consultation
- Abe Cajudo -- Specialty: Getting You from Dreading Video to Doing Video. Using video to market and grow your business is powerful, but let's be honest: it's also a pain in the ass. Lighting, sound, formats, uploading, downloading, editing - it's enough to make cleaning your house or filing papers more appealing than getting those videos done. Abe is a masterful videographer and producer in his own right, AND he can help you figure out what gear and tech you need, where your videos should go, and how to create a video production workflow that actually works for you. Contact Abe to stop dreading video and start doing video.