Topics We Explored:
- Why this year was full of ups and downs for Charlie and Angela – from the launch of Start Finishing to a pregnancy and miscarriage, plus the death of their cat – and how difficult it can be to take in all of the emotions as they were happening simultaneously
- How a recent trip sparked the reminder of how important it is to take time to unplug completely
- Why having simplicity in your life can make it more peaceful
- How you can disconnect in order to reconnect, and the importance of eliminating decision fatigue to find more ease in your day-to-day life
“This year has been kind of an emotional spectrum. It’s like learning how to feel the good, and it be good, and not be handicapped and pulled down from the hard. The hard is not the totality of the situation.” – Charlie Gilkey (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done by Charlie Gilkey
- Book Launch Roller-Coaster Part 1: Miscarriage
- Eight Dates by John and Julie Gottman
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 212 is sponsored by Clean Email. Clean Email is an online bulk email cleaner that empowers you to take control of your mailbox. It relies on powerful rules and filters you can define to efficiently segment your mailbox into relevant groups, allowing you to quickly identify useful and clean up useless emails with a few clicks. We’ve partnered with Clean Email to give you 50% off the five accounts annual package. Take advantage of this discount and clean up your inbox with Clean Email.
Leave a Reply