Topics We Explored:
- Why Michelle wanted to create Wayfinding Academy and how she believes it will help students figure out their way in the world
- What the six character traits are that Wayfinding Academy focuses on to instill in their students
- Why it can be difficult to choose a nontraditional path of higher education
- How having the freedom to discover what you want to do can make you vulnerable, a challenging but important way to figure out your path in life
- What the challenges are of navigating a new, dynamic program, and learning along the way
“I think they’re building transferrable skills that could be literally used to do just about anything after they leave.” – Michelle Jones (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
About Michelle Jones:
Michelle is doing her life’s work right now, which is exhilarating and terrifying. During her 15 years teaching Leadership and Organizational Behavior courses in the traditional college system, she had a front row seat for what is broken about that system. About 3 years ago, she began gathering a group of like minded badasses around a vision of what a revolution in higher education could look like. After years of helping groups and non-profits organize for social impact as a volunteer (SuperThank, TEDxMtHood, World Domination Summit) Michelle started her legacy project and the Wayfinding Academy was born.
About Austin Goldberg:
Austin Louis is a student at Wayfinding Academy who is pursuing an answer to the question, “What makes me come alive?” Austin loves shared experiences and is learning how to design events and spaces that combine fun and play with understanding and acceptance. He also has a passion for being scrappy and is fascinated by the many ways we can do more with less.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.