Topics We Explored:
- What the different types of awkwardness are and why they are both born out of fear
- How being more prepared in social situations will make you more comfortable with approaching people
- Why using the swan effect can be helpful in becoming more confident in social situations, even if that means that it’ll take some time
- Why publishing a book can be a rollercoaster of ups and downs and how being true to yourself will make that path to success easier
- How you can find your business and personal sweet spot by adding structure to different areas of your life
“I believe that you can do anything; you just have to have a structure to it.” – Vanessa Van Edwards (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Science of People
- Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People by Vanessa Van Edwards
- World Domination Summit
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- LaunchBooks Literary Agency
About Vanessa Van Edwards:
Vanessa Van Edwards is lead investigator at the Science of People — a human behavior research lab. She is the national bestselling author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding With People, which was chosen as one of Apple’s Most Anticipated Books of 2017. She writes a monthly column on the science of success for Entrepreneur Magazine and the Huffington Post. Her original research has been featured in Fast Company, Cosmopolitan, TIME, Forbes, Inc., and USA Today.
As a human behavior hacker, she runs original research experiments on topics such as the science of leadership, human lie detection, body language hacks, the psychology of attraction, and successful people skills at ScienceofPeople.com. Vanessa has been asked to discuss her innovative work on CNN, CBS Morning News, and NPR. She has also consulted for a number of Fortune 500 companies including Dove, Symantec, and American Express. More importantly, she’s addicted to sour patch kids, airplane coffee, and puppies.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.