Topics We Explored:
- How you may set boundaries for your work and other relationships, but not with your technology
- What our connection to technology is doing to our generation and future generations
- What the benefits are to communication technologies and how you can use them to connect to your tribe
- How multi-threading occurs and why it could be the reason we’re experiencing a lack of connection
- How your brain works to create a chain of events you may not even realize is happening
- Why creating boundaries around your consumption of passive media allows you to make better choices
There’s just nothing quite like being in person, face to face, eye to eye. All of these technologies are never going to be able to replace that for me.”– Angela Wheeler (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Building Better Boundaries (Episode 183)
- 4 Great Ways to Stay Present in the Digital Age
- Q&A #10: Having a No-Electronics Rule, Switching Your Focus, and Conducting a Mid-Month Review (Episode 136)
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Alone Together by Sherry Turkle
- Apple Watch
- Creative Giant Campfire
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 188 is sponsored by SaneBox. SaneBox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with SaneBox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with SaneBox.