For more tips and strategies to help you be your productive best, pick up a copy of Charlie’s book Start Finishing, winner of the 2020 Productivity Book of the Year. Available on Amazon and other favorite booksellers.
Topics We Explored:
- Why meditation can help you become more creative and productive
- How to use mindfulness to deal with distraction, fear, or emotions
- Why creating an environment that allows for creative flourishing is so important for your work and your relationships
- What you can do to turn away from distractions to get started on your projects
- How to cultivate the necessary “tools” you need to meditate or create something
“To notice that you are distracted, and to then return your mind, that is very powerful. That is a superpower.” – Susan Piver (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Open Heart Project
- Susan Piver
- Guided 10-Minute Breath Awareness Meditation
- Productive Flourishing Podcast Episode 4: Become More Mindful with Susan Piver
- Productive Flourishing Podcast Episode 11: Go Beyond Your Fear with Glenda Watson Hyatt
- Productive Flourishing Podcast Episode 54: Demystifying Meditation with Susan Piver
- 3 Growth Oriented Ways to Explore Your Creative Edge
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Leap First by Seth Godin
About Susan Piver:
Susan Piver is the New York Times bestselling author of eight books, including the award-winning How Not to Be Afraid of Your Own Life and The Wisdom of a Broken Heart. Her latest book is Start Here Now: An Open-Hearted Guide to the Path and Practice of Meditation. She is at work on her next book, The Four Noble Truths of Love.
Susan has been a student of Buddhism since 1993, graduated from a Buddhist seminary in 2004 and was authorized to teach meditation in the Shambhala Buddhist lineage in 2005.
In 2012, she launched the Open Heart Project, a completely virtual meditation center that lives in the cloud. There are close to 20,000 members all over the world who receive free weekly guided meditation videos from her.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Leave a Reply