Topics We Explored:
- What it means to be a rational optimist, or to be a radical humanist
- When COVID-19 disrupted the way we work and live, it also changed our relationship with AI and everyday materials, forcing us to embrace change
- What it means to cooperate globally, at scale, and at speed, without a war driving us forward
- Why empathy is a key tool in our lives that can help us to solve problems for all beings, plants, animals, and ecosystems
“Let’s never let a good crisis go to waste.” — Steven Kotler (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Productive Flourishing
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done by Charlie Gilkey
- The Academy
- Momentum App
- Steven Kotler
- Thomas Pogge
- The Devil’s Dictionary by Steven Kotler
About Steven Kotler:
Steven Kotler is a New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning journalist, and the Executive Director of the Flow Research Collective. He is one of the world’s leading experts on human performance.
He is the author of ten bestsellers (out of fourteen books), including The Art of Impossible, The Future is Faster Than You Think, Stealing Fire, The Rise of Superman, Bold and Abundance. His work has been nominated for two Pulitzer Prizes, translated into over 50 languages, and has appeared in over 100 publications, including the New York Times Magazine, Wired, Atlantic Monthly, Wall Street Journal, TIME, and the Harvard Business Review.
A lifelong environmentalist and animal rights advocate, Steven is the cofounder of Planet Home, a conference/concert/innovation accelerator focused on solving critical environmental challenges, and the co-founder of The Forest + Fire Collective, a network of individuals, organizations and institutions dedicated to ending catastrophic wildfire and restoring forest health to the American West. Alongside his wife, author Joy Nicholson, he is also the co-founder of Rancho de Chihuahua, a hospice care and special needs dog sanctuary.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.