Topics We Explored:
- What is a slowbatical? And why is it more attainable than a true sabbatical?
- Why it’s important to not just talk about burnout but to actually take a break to recharge
- What’s happened in the last few years that’s causing burnout on a detrimental scale?
- Why there is so much pressure and the threat of burnout on founders and small business owners
- What and when founders and business owners can plan for sabbaticals and slowbatticals
“What do you need to make space for? What do you need to make space from? What are the conditions that need to be in place for you to take a slowbatical? A lot of it is letting go of the shoulds.” – Charlie Gilkey (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Productive Flourishing
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done, by Charlie Gilkey
- The Academy
- Momentum App
- OEN April PubTalk
- “Under Pressure” — The Portland Business Journal
- Hell Yeah or No, by Derek Sivers
- “Relax for the Same Result,” by Derek Sivers
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.