Topics We Explored:
- What three things Sebastian and his business co-founder stay focused on in their business
- Why having a flexible productivity system can help keep your company on track
- Why, instead of giving 100% each day, you should give 80% of your capacity each day in order to be good at what you do, while giving yourself slack for the inevitable unaccounted for events that pop up
- How giving yourself something fun to look forward to after a big project can be the motivation you need to bring that project to completion
- How you can hold yourself more accountable by surrounding yourself with people who are also committed to getting the most out of their life
“Really, what you want is effectiveness. You could be productive based on metrics, but are you getting what you want reliably?” – Sebastian Marshall (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Ultraworking Monthly Planner
- Work at 85% Capacity with 100% Focus
- The Goal, by Eliyahu Goldratt
About Sebastian Marshall:
Sebastian Marshall is the Cofounder and CEO of Ultraworking, a company building technology to help people hit flow state and peak performance more often in their work. Before Ultraworking, Sebastian had a background in consulting, nonprofit, and education, and was a prolific writer who wrote around 6000 words a week for multiple years.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Leave a Reply