Topics We Explored:
- Why having ADHD may make you distracted at times, yet hyperfocused when something of interest comes up
- How you can use certain strategies for redirecting your energy and getting focused on what needs to get done
- Why technology can be such a distraction particularly with those who have ADHD, and why going “analog” can be helpful
- What you can do to create systems and cultivate an environment that is conducive to productivity
“When I’m focused, I’m 120% there. When I have low focus, everything is a distraction.” – Ryan McRae (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Ryan McRae: ADHD Nerd
- Headspace App
- Faster Than Normal with Peter Shankman
- Forest App
- Breaking the Twitch with Anthony Ongaro
- AlphaSmart Neo 2
- How to Get Your Writing Done Every Day: The 3-Bucket System by Jeff Goins
About Ryan McRae:
Ryan McRae is the creator of the ADHD Nerd, helping people go from distraction to action, from bleary to focused. He is an author and has spoken at such places as Comic-Con and the World Domination Summit.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.