Topics We Explored:
- How to find harmony between frameworks that help and frameworks that are too rigid
- Why you may want to schedule your free time
- What Mike means by the concept of “whole-ocracy”
- How theming your days can keep you on track
- Why we need balance between work and play or work and rest
- When fierce kindness is necessary and how it affects planning and execution
- Why being mindful of your energy can help you be more productive
“The reason that we get to personalize our productivity is because that way, it fits who we are and how we operate.” – Mike Vardy (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Creative Giant Campfire Facebook Group
- The Undoing Project by Michael Lewis
- Fat and Lazy with Casey Neistat
- Free Planners and Worksheets
- Email Triage
- Procrastinate on Purpose by Rory Vaden
- World Domination Summit
About Mike Vardy:
Mike Vardy is a writer, a productivity strategist, and the founder of Productivityist. He has served as the Managing Editor at Lifehack and contributed articles on productivity to 99u, Lifehacker, The Next Web, SUCCESS Magazine, and The Huffington Post. Mike is also the author of several books and the creator of The NOW Year™ Method, a simple, durable, and flexible approach to personal productivity. He has delivered talks on the topic of task and time management at events like New Media Expo, TEDx Victoria, South by Southwest, and creativeLIVE. He lives in Victoria, BC, Canada with his incredible wife, daughter, and son.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.