Topics We Explored:
- How fitness makes us more creative, confident, and productive
- What positive impact our personal fitness has on those around us
- How being inactive has bigger consequences on our relationships than we realize
- Which five simple exercises Mike recommends for those with tight schedules
- How to reframe your motivation to exercise in order to stay committed and maintain progress
“Exercise isn’t just about me. When I’m at my best, everyone around me benefits.” – Mike Goncalves (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- “An active mind cannot exist in an inactive body.” – George S. Patton Jr.
- “Whatever lies within our power to do lies also within our power not to do.” – Aristotle
- Inaction Stymies Excellence
- Four Important Tips for Gaining Traction on the Things that Matter Most
- 7 Ways to Write Better Action Items
About Mike Goncalves:
Mike is the founder of The Wellness Bucket, a business that helps people create daily, sustainable health habits so that they can feel their best and perform at their best in all that they do. He’s a health coach, speaker, marathoner, men’s physique competitor, and, just recently, ran his first ultra marathon, a 50 miler.
Mike is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of others through health and exercise. He believes that, by pushing ourselves to achieve and grow, we begin to make a positive impact not only in our own lives, but in the lives of others. As others witness our growth and progress, they feel inspired to follow our example, and so a ripple effect of change and progress begins.
Originally from Boston, MA, Mike now lives in San Diego, CA. When he’s not training for some new and challenging fitness event, you can find him on the beach volleyball courts enjoying the sun, sand, and all of the perks that come with living in southern California. Follow him on Twitter @wellnessbucket.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Mike Goncalves says
Thanks again for having me on the show Charlie… such a pleasure getting to connect with you again and spend some time talking all things health, success, exercise, and productivity – I had a blast. Thanks again man, you’re awesome… Cheers!
Charlie Gilkey says
Pleasure having you, Mike — you rocked the mic!