Topics We Explored:
- Why community is so important in building connections that feed your creative soul
- Why online businesses face internal and external disruptions every 18 months, and how you can work with that change to grow your business
- How to come back to your “why” and use that to keep moving forward
- Why it’s so important to just get started in your online endeavors, despite your doubts
- What the steps are to learn new things in order to grow
- How to differentiate between being authentic and being open
“If you have a message, there are people out there who want to hear it. You just have to start.” – Meighan O’Toole (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Meighan O’Toole
- My Love For You
- Episode 27: Leveraging Your Quiet Power with Tara Gentile
- Episode 76: Good Strategy Helps You Make Better Choices with Tara Gentile
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- The Small Business Life Cycle by Charlie Gilkey
- Tara Gentile
- Roxanne Gay – Fresh Air Today
About Meighan O’Toole:
Meighan O’Toole is a Digital Strategist that helps small businesses define, establish, and build their businesses online through social media, email marketing, and community. Her passion is zeroing in on what businesses do best and helping them translate that message into their larger strategy. Previously she ran “My Love for You” one of the first art blogs online, and then dove into Silicon Valley where she worked as a social media strategist for Yahoo, a community manager for Wikia and WIRED Magazine. She lives and works outside of Boston, MA.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.