Topics We Explored:
- How Megan reconciled her inner conflict between making money and being generous
- What void in women’s wellness Megan sought to fill through the creation of Quiet Adventures
- How chasing perfectionism had a harmful impact on Megan’s well-being
- What negative experiences shaped Megan’s power to help women through toxic relationships and perfectionism
- Why the “I’m not good enough” narrative plagues so many women
- How each season can affect circadian rhythms, creativity, and mood
- What simple ways people can become intentional in their relationship with nature
- How an addiction to comfort weakens communities
“Women are taught to be perfect rather than human.” –Megan Roop (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Quiet Adventures
- Wood Becomes Water: Chinese Medicine in Everyday Life by Gail Reichstein
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Upside of Your Dark Side: Why Being Your Whole Self – Not Just Your “Good” Self – Drives Success and Fulfillment by Todd Kashdan
- Episode 80: Reclaiming Wild Men with Jonathan Mead
- Episode 15: Cultivating Creativity During Motherhood with Lucy Pearce
- Creative Giant Campfire on Facebook
About Megan Roop:
Megan Roop is passionate about helping women quiet the noise of everyday life and come back to who they truly are through the power of nature and sisterhood. She is the founder of Quiet Adventures, which brings women together to connect, hone their adventure skills in the great outdoors, and learn personal practices to keep them centered every day of the year.
When she’s not guiding others to discover the restorative power of waking up with the sun, drinking water from a crystal clear lake, meditating by a campfire, and falling asleep to the wind rustling through the leaves, she can be found hitting the trail alone or with her husband.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 102 is sponsored by Sanebox. Sanebox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with Sanebox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with Sanebox.
Great job! Thanks for sharing this article.