Topics We Explored:
- How neurophysiology plays a role in affecting your feelings surrounding transformation
- What you can do to take what knowledge we know – and don’t know – about the brain, and use that in our everyday lives to create change for the better
- How we can use words to become more satisfied people and live more meaningful, happy lives
- Why we have initial reactions that reflect what we grew up learning, and how we can alter the trajectory of what society has told us is “the right thing to do”
- What the many different ways are that we can show up and be in practice of transformation
“You have to triple down on what really matters, because if you’re trying to do everything, you’re really not getting anything done.” – Mary Shores (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Mary Shores Guidebook
- Conscious Communications by Mary Shores
- Scientists found a ‘new organ’, but it might not be what you’re expecting by Claire Maldarelli for Popular Science
- Akimbo Podcast by Seth Godin – Episode 6: Don’t Fear Placebos
About Mary Shores:
Mary Shores spends her career as an author, speaker, and entrepreneur, generating positive and pragmatic solutions for people who are freaking out. Mary blends personal experience with her extensive knowledge of neuroscience and human behavior to guide businesses and individuals to defeat the freak out and create their ideal life.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 192 is sponsored by SaneBox. SaneBox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with SaneBox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with SaneBox.
Episode 192 is sponsored by ResultsResourcing.com. ResultsResourcing increases your productivity and profitability by matching you with vetted freelancers who help you get vital work done well. We’ve partnered with ResultsResourcing to give you a 35% discount on your first talent search! Spend your time on what you do best and outsource the rest – let ResultsResourcing.com be your contract hiring expert. Go to ResultsResourcing.com and let them find, vet, and hire your next freelancer for 35% off with the code PFPOD.