Topics We Explored:
- How creativity often emanates from a dark place
- Why people who are in the fall/winter of their lives are reluctant to pursue creativity
- What three tips and strategies can help parents lean out of old routines
- How things have shifted from “career world” to “project world”
- When the words change and fine are dirty words
- Why changing our self-talk can affect how we feel about getting older
- How releasing some of our possessions can allow for growth
“Before you lean into your own life, you have to lean out of other people’s.” – Mary Fran Bontempo (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Creative Giant Campfire Facebook Group
- Welcome to Project World
- The Woman’s Book of Dirty Words by Mary Fran Bontempo
- The Upside of Your Darkside by Todd Kashdan
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Episode 20 with Jennifer Boykin
- Episode 15 with Lucy Pearce
About Mary Fran Bontempo:
Mary Fran Bontempo is an author, speaker, and humorist who teaches women how to control their most powerful influence: self-talk. Author of The Woman’s Book of Dirty Words and Not Ready for Granny Panties—The 11 Commandments for Avoiding Granny Panties, Bontempo proves that small changes in self-talk yield big life changes, allowing women to be positive, productive, and vital in a rapidly changing world. Bontempo is a Huffington Post contributor and regular columnist for multiple websites, and her work has been honored by the Erma Bombeck Writer’s Workshop and Humor Press, among others. She is a frequent media guest and speaker, and audiences delight in her empowering and entertaining message.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Leave a Reply