Topics We Explored:
- How finding your unique creative process is about introspection, and often staying in those moments of discomfort is where we are informed, transformed and enlightened
- How we can use moderation and balance to stay present in the middle of a hectic or scary time
- Why your actions speak much louder than words when it comes to interacting with those different from us, and how you can use those experiences to learn something new
- How going through difficult times reminds us that our universal love and suffering, as a society, means we’re more together than alone
“It’s the wholeness of life and the human experience that makes us resilient, and allows us not to make everything about us.” – Mark Nepo (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Mark Nepo
- More Together Than Alone by Mark Nepo
- Things That Join the Sea and the Sky by Mark Nepo
- The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo
About Mark Nepo:
Mark Nepo moved and inspired readers and seekers all over the world with his #1 New York Times bestseller The Book of Awakening. Beloved as a poet, teacher, and storyteller, Mark has been called “one of the finest spiritual guides of our time,” “a consummate storyteller,” and “an eloquent spiritual teacher.” His work is widely accessible and used by many and his books have been translated into more than twenty languages. A bestselling author, he has published twenty books and recorded fourteen audio projects. In July 2018 Mark’s twentieth book, More Together Than Alone: Discovering the Power and Spirit of Community in Our Lives and in the World, was published by Atrial Books.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Just beautiful, thank you again Charles.
inspiring, hopeful on the darkest day of the year. appreciated this. namaste, solstice blessings *c