Topics We Explored:
- How systems can allow you to focus on the things you really care about
- What the different functions are between processes, tools, and apps
- How splitting up the system design, build, and follow through amongst your team can increase efficiency and decrease frustration
- Why creating a story or narrative to plan a project makes the resulting system more engaging
- When systems building becomes a way of hiding from doing your best work
- When it’s time to scrap a system
- What question Marina always starts with when working with a new client
“[A system] has to be there, otherwise your creativity is unsustainable.” – Marina Darlow (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Vision Framework
- Episode 129: How Theming Your Week Can Make You More Productive with Mike Vardy
- Episode 71: Managing Your Relationship with Money Is a Creative Process with Luna Jaffe
- Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game by Michael Lewis
- Understanding Founder’s Mojo
- LinkedIn Learning
About Marina Darlow:
Marina Darlow is a systems’ expert, and a productivity geek. She sees her job as helping impact-driven entrepreneurs get 10-20 more productive hours a week, stop leaking money, and prevent stress-fueled breakdowns.
An engineer by training, Marina came to a realization a couple years ago: working for a conglomerate is not as inspiring as she wants her life work to be. The quest for inspiration brought her to found Vision Framework, a company that builds small, purpose-driven businesses from the inside, helping entrepreneurs run their companies with ease by putting effective, easy-to-use, and fun (yep!) systems in place.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Leave a Reply