Topics We Explored:
- Why Breanne didn’t get her first smartphone until three months ago
- How having a smartphone has changed Breanne’s patterns of information consumption
- How attention spans and consumption patterns are affected by content format
- How to prompt deep analysis from an audience
- Why it’s important to distinguish content from context
- What tips Breanne has for inspiring an audience to take action after watching a video
- What do’s and don’ts Breanne has for teaching others effectively
- Why teaching someone how to play a game is a powerful tool for learning how to teach effectively
“Focusing on context and curation instead of content allows people to engage in their own learning journey.” –Breanne Dyck (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Creative Giant Campfire on Facebook
- Episode 30: Advancing Craftsmanship with Breanne Dyck
- Bloom’s taxonomy (variations and learning materials)
- Maven, Connector, or Salesperson: What’s Your Archetype?
- How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination by Sally Hogshead
- Million Dollar Consulting: The Professional’s Guide to Growing a Practice by Alan Weiss
- Scope seep
- Guardian Games
- Cory Huff
- Charlie’s top communication and business book recommendations
About Breanne Dyck:
Breanne Dyck is the founder of MNIB Consulting, a boutique online consultancy that helps owners scale their world-class training companies. She regularly consults on flagship products and programs, CreativeLive courses, live events, and workshops for thought-leaders and influencers such as bestselling authors Chris Guillebeau, Tara Gentile, and Natalie Sisson.
Her results-driven strategies help microbusinesses create programs and products that customers can’t stop talking about. Her unique approach blends operations management, learning and product strategy, and business model development.
Discover how to get more of your customers taking action with her free four-step guide, From Understanding to Action, today.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 99 is sponsored by Sanebox. Sanebox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with Sanebox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with Sanebox.