Topics We Explored:
- How you can better live in harmony with balancing the need to make money, stay well, and make a difference in the world
- What you can do to look past all of the “shoulds” you encounter when on your journey of being an entrepreneur
- Why people may be stuck in a societal pattern of being in an unfilling career that sacrifices their well-being
- Why being resilient may be more important than talent when it comes to starting a business
- What you can do to build your small business to make a big impact
“To be at your most productive and creative, you need to take time out, and often just stop, and that can be the most productive thing you can do sometimes.” – Laurence McCahill (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Laurence McCahill on Medium
- The Happiness Trap on Medium
- The Happy Startup School
- The Writer’s Process by Anne Janzer
- Focus by Daniel Goleman
- The Lazy Guru’s Guide to Life by Laurence Shorter
- Insanely Gifted by Jamie Catto
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Happy Movie
About Laurence McCahill:
As co-founder of The Happy Startup School, Laurence McCahill helps entrepreneurs and changemakers to realize that dream in their head and make the impact they crave. At The Happy Startup School, they run experiences and programs both online and all around the world.
Laurence previously ran a successful digital product design studio for 10 years only to close it when it was thriving to pursue his new-found calling. What started out as a side project has grown into a 100,000 strong global community of like-minded people who want to build a life and business rich with purpose, and don’t want to do it alone.
He lives in Brighton in the UK with his wife, two kids, and misbehaving spaniel.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 194 is sponsored by ResultsResourcing.com. ResultsResourcing increases your productivity and profitability by matching you with vetted freelancers who help you get vital work done well. We’ve partnered with ResultsResourcing to give you a 35% discount on your first talent search! Spend your time on what you do best and outsource the rest – let ResultsResourcing.com be your contract hiring expert. Go to ResultsResourcing.com and let them find, vet, and hire your next freelancer for 35% off with the code PFPOD.
Episode 194 is sponsored by SaneBox. SaneBox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with SaneBox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with SaneBox.