Highlights of This Episode:
- What Laura did to avoid “selling out” in expanding her business
- How Laura took her independent photography business and turned it into a retail franchise
- What three major challenges Laura has overcome as an entrepreneur
- Why Laura stopped avoiding tough conversations within her business
- Why growing your business doesn’t mean sacrificing your values
- What unanticipated challenge Laura is facing now and how she’s dealing with it
“Allowing yourself to be intimidated by inexperience will ultimately get in the way of your success.” – Laura Novak Meyer (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Radical Candor: The Surprising Secret to Being a Good Boss
- Quote from Andy Warhol
- The Two Dimensions of Business Focus
- Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time
- The New One Minute Manager
- Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You
About Laura Novak Meyer:
Laura Novak Meyer is the owner and founder of Little Nest Portraits, a boutique brand of photography studios specializing in family portraiture. As an independent photographer, Laura built Little Nest as a way to meet customer demand in an under-served niche of the market.
Today, Laura is one of only 3 percent of women business owners to grow her company to more than a million dollars in revenue. Little Nest Portraits is now an emerging franchise company staying true to its leader’s core values, vision, and passion.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.