Topics We Explored:
- What nonprofits can do to successfully scale and grow, in an effort to focus on their social impact rather than simply being sustainable
- How to find that sweet-spot of fundraising and scaling where you can continue to do great work without wasted time, effort, or heart
- Why it’s so important to adapt in the ever-changing business market, and why nonprofits may need to be particularly sensitive to this
- What you can personally do to get involved in a social cause that speaks to you
- How you can work with diversity-inclusive organizations to better the broader scope of nonprofit activism and social change
“Storytelling is really how you build a movement. The best organizations figure that out and they prioritize that practice at every single level of the organization.” – Kathleen Kelly Janus (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Kathleen Kelly Janus
- Social Startup Success by Kathleen Kelly Janus
- The Deepest Well by Nadine Harris
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
About Kathleen Kelly Janus:
Kathleen Kelly Janus is a social entrepreneur, author, and lecturer at Stanford University. As an expert on philanthropy, millennial engagement, and scaling early stage organizations, her work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Stanford Social Innovation Review, Tech Crunch, and the San Francisco Chronicle. She is the co-founder of Spark, the largest network of millennial donors in the world. Based in the heart of the Silicon Valley, her forthcoming book, Social Startup Success, features best practices for early-stage nonprofit organizations based on a five-year research project interviewing hundreds of top-performing social entrepreneurs.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 185 is sponsored by SaneBox. SaneBox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with SaneBox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with SaneBox.