Topics We Explored:
- How systems can help us create more free time in our busy lives
- What keeps people from building the right systems
- How accounting for emotion and energy in our plans avoids bottlenecks and how the underlying issues may actually lie in the systems that have been created
- If you want to begin creating systems for yourself, start by thinking of what you would like an ideal world to look like
- What strategic laziness is, and how it can be helpful for your future self
“I had to look a little deeper and say, well, what are systems for? Why do I love systems? Why do I love all these little shortcuts, tips, tricks, automation? Because they give us more free time, and who doesn’t want more of that?” – Jenny Blake (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done by Charlie Gilkey
- Free Time: Lose the Busywork, Love Your Business by Jenny Blake
- Pivot: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One by Jenny Blake
- Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want by Jenny Blake
- Episode 72: How to Embrace Uncertainty Through a Career Change with Jenny Blake
- Momentum App
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.