Topics We Explored:
- Why desire is hard work for us, and why asking the question “what are we bothering about?” can answer a lot of other questions
- Why complacency (particularly, perhaps, during a global pandemic) is the time to give ourselves permission to ‘get our both on’
- The importance of movement in order to let energy and desire flow through our bodies
- The six different steps you can take to start finding more desire
- Why it’s so crucial to always begin again, no matter how many times you fall off
“In many ways, I think the answer to ‘how do we bother’ is in every single moment, if we’re willing to let it in and collaborate with it.” – Jennifer Louden (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Jennifer Louden
- Why Bother? by Jennifer Louden
- Jennifer Louden: How to Avoid Creative Burnout (Episode 67)
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done by Charlie Gilkey
About Jennifer Louden:
Jennifer Louden is a personal growth pioneer who helped launch the concept of self-care with her first bestseller, The Woman’s Comfort Book. Since then, she’s written seven additional books on well-being and whole living, including The Woman’s Retreat Book and The Life Organizer, with close to a million copies of her books in print in nine languages. Jennifer has spoken around the U.S., Canada, and Europe, and has written a national magazine column for a Martha Stewart magazine. She’s been profiled or quoted in dozens of major magazines; two of Brené Brown’s books, Daring Greatly and Dare to Lead; and appeared on hundreds of TV, radio shows, and podcasts — even on Oprah.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.