Topics We Explored:
- How the past 18 months, both culturally and socially, have raised a lot of questions about meaning and relationships
- What one can do to measure productivity, and how it’s become increasingly more difficult to do so
- How to navigate that sense of bewilderment and disorientation when our rhythms are disrupted
- How productivity and wonder can coexist when they often feel like they are at odds with each other
“How do people, especially fulfilled innovators, ultimately thrive amidst adversity and challenge without burning out?” – Jeffrey Davis (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Start Finishing by Charlie Gilkey
- Jeffrey Davis
- Tracking Wonder: Reclaiming a Life of Meaning and Possibility in a World Obsessed with Productivity by Jeffrey Davis
- The Journey from the Center to the Page: Yoga Philosophies and Practices as Muse for Authentic Writing by Jeffrey Davis
- Shiva Sutras
- “Why You Need to Protect Your Sense of Wonder — Especially Now,” by David P. Fessell and Karen Reivich for Harvard Business Review
- Bewilderment by Richard Powers
- Sounds True
About Jeffrey Davis:
Jeffrey Davis is an author, team culture consultant, educator, and CEO of Tracking Wonder Consultancy. For over 25 years, he’s inspired thousands of change-makers, leaders, and creatives to unlock their best ideas through the pursuit of curiosity, innovation, and wonder. He writes for Psychology Today and other outlets on the intersections among creativity, work, and human flourishing. He has taught and spoken at numerous conferences, universities, and centres. Jeffrey believes in the power of wonder to transform lives, spark influence, and help human beings thrive creatively in times of rampant challenge and change. Ultimately, he challenges people not to give up on their ideals and dreams. He lives with his wife and two daughters in a farmhouse in the Hudson Valley of New York. To learn more, visit trackingwonder.com.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.