Topics We Explored:
- Why it’s so important to make time to play, and to find these moments of joy in your work as well
- How major corporations and startups find themselves in a space of playful work, and how that makes them successful
- How to put a timeline on your creativity, and the importance of making, creating, playing, and then getting your product out there
- Why social media might actually be stifling your creativity
- How to avoid becoming a “pandemic perfectionist” and moving past the fear of COVID-19 that may be making it harder to play
“It’s such a rollercoaster of emotions. In order to really enjoy the highs, you have to be able to also play in the lows.” – Jeff Harry (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Rediscover Your Play
- Larry Robertson: How to Explore and Play at Your Creative Edge (Episode 152)
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done by Charlie Gilkey
About Jeff Harry:
Jeff Harry shows individuals and companies how to tap into their true selves, to feel their happiest and most fulfilled — all by playing. Jeff has worked with Google, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, Adobe, the NFL, Amazon, and Facebook, helping their staff to infuse more play into the day-to-day. Jeff is an international speaker who has presented at conferences such as INBOUND, SXSW, and Australia’s Pausefest, showing audiences how major issues in the workplace can be solved using play. His play work has been featured on AJ+, SoulPancake, the SF Chronicle, and CNN. While we spend most of our time pretending to be important, serious grownups, it’s when we let go of that facade and just play, that the real magic happens. Fully embracing your own nerdy genius — whatever that is — gives you the power to make a difference and change lives. Jeff believes that we already have many of the answers we seek, and by simply unleashing our inner child, we can find our purpose and, in turn, help to create a better world.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.