Topics We Explored:
- Why it’s important to shift the focus from what you aren’t doing to what you are doing
- What questions to ask yourself to help gauge whether what you’re doing is really being productive
- How to break free from the habits of constantly comparing yourself to others
- What you can do to figure out your priorities, and how to be clear on them so you can spend your time and energy being productive in accomplishing them
- Why setting realistic expectations for what you can commit to and achieve can be good motivation for getting started
“If what you’re doing is not nourishing you in different ways, you will feel it elsewhere.”– Charlie Gilkey (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Spiraling Up: Healthy Changes for a Better Life (Episode 156)
- The Progress Principle by Teresa Amabile
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Kim Waite-Williams says
It’s so true that how I’m feeling at the time, doesn’t represent reality. I condense that into a mantra, “feelings aren’t facts”. And I love the Einstein quote!