Highlights of This Episode:
- What simple yet effective strategies Dmitri uses in his email management
- Why you shouldn’t use your inbox as your to-do list or an archive
- What radical steps Charlie took in unplugging from technology
- Best practices from “power emailers”
- One easy trick for creating a memorable acronym for a secure password
- Charlie’s email management approach when on vacation
- How the “folder world” of the pre-email era poses challenges in email management, and how to overcome them
“My favorite email subject to receive is ‘[Not Urgent].’ I feel like 5 minutes were added to my day.” – Dmitri Leonov (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- You’re Spending Way Too Much Time Checking Your Email. Here’s What To Do – Huffington Post article (includes McKinsey Global Institute study of how many hours per week the average person spends on email management)
- Email Management Tips
- Email Triage
- Five Sentences
- How to Write Brief Emails Without Being a Jerk
- Shortmail (now Mailstrom)
- The S.T.A.R. Method: A More Effective, Less Stressful Way to Process Email
About Dmitri Leonov:
Dmitri leads business development, sales, and marketing efforts at SaneBox. A graduate of UC Berkeley, Dmitri holds a BS in Finance, and he spent the first couple of years of his career in investment banking, focusing on software and Internet M&A. He was responsible for launching the Yahoo! Global Reseller Channel and led business development efforts in Emerging Markets. When not working on making email better, Dmitri enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter and playing music.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.