Highlights of This Episode:
- The wondrous journey Susan embarked on between her interview in Episode 4 and this episode
- The truth about Charlie’s meditative experience, his obstacles, and his tools for achieving clarity
- How your misconceptions about meditation are getting in the way of your practice
- The hard (and frightening) question Susan asks herself a lot
- What most people’s biggest fear is during meditation and how to conquer it
- How to make the world come alive with one simple practice/mindset
“Losing faith in yourself is a form of laziness.” – Susan Piver (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Episode 4: Become More Mindful with Susan Piver
- Johnathan Field’s Good Life Project
- The Open Heart Project
- What Counts as Meditation?
- Michael Carroll
- Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior
- Aimless wandering (see #5)
- Insight Timer
- The Heart of Unconditional Love: A Powerful New Approach to Loving-Kindness Meditation
- Michael Porter quote
- Start Here Now: An Open-Hearted Guide to the Path and Practice of Meditation
- Guided 10-Minute Breath Awareness Meditation
About Susan Piver:
Susan Piver is a Buddhist teacher and New York Times bestselling author of seven books, including The Hard Questions, How Not to Be Afraid of Your Own Life, and The Wisdom of a Broken Heart. Her latest book is Start Here Now.
A student of Buddhism since 1995, Susan graduated from a Buddhist seminary in 2004 and was authorized to teach meditation in the Shambhala Buddhist lineage in 2005. She teaches workshops and speaks all over the world on meditation, spirituality, communication styles, relationships, and creativity. She wrote the relationships column for body + soul magazine, is the meditation expert and contributor at drweil.com, and is a frequent guest on network television, including The Oprah Winfrey Show, Today, CNN, and The Tyra Banks Show. Her work has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, TIME, Parade, Money, and others.
In 2011, Susan launched The Open Heart Project, an online meditation community with nearly 15,000 members who practice meditation together and explore ways to bring spiritual values such as kindness, genuineness, and fearlessness to everyday life.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.