Highlights of This Episode:
- What two reactions Charlie and Angela usually get when people find out that they are life and business partners
- What challenges Angela faced when she joined the business
- What expectations and plans Angela has had to let go of, and why
- How Charlie and Angela differ when it comes to using and switching technical tools
- How conversations get awkward when they’re about salaries that are based on your different roles in the business
- How differences in the market value of your work can affect a couple’s division of labor at home
- How to keep communication and connection going when you have very different circadian rhythms
- The challenges of setting up a business so that it can still run well when one partner might sometimes be absent because of health problems
- What kind of hard lessons you learn when you almost die and you have PTSD and ongoing health issues
“One of the challenges that we’ve had because we both love this work so much is having an off switch.” –Angela Wheeler (Click to share – thanks!)
About Angela Wheeler:
Angela Wheeler is a sought-after speaker, author, and consultant. She is the co-founder of Productive Flourishing and works as the Community Engagement manager, supporting and engaging with PF’s amazing audience.
With a Ph.D. in sociology and the experience of working at PF, the best way to describe Angela is as a catalyst for positive change within life and business. She’s passionate about working as a wayfinder for women tapping into their inner power, bringing the female voice of business to light, and creating and navigating business relationships that support the thriving of the whole person.
Angela can be found throughout Oregon and the U.S. helping to facilitate the journey toward alignment, balance, and confidence for her audiences.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Kevin Chung podcast
- StrengthsFinder 2.0
- The Five Love Languages by Gary D. Chapman
- Joseph Campbell quote
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.