Highlights of This Episode:
- How Brigitte got started in public relations
- What PR is and isn’t
- Why PR is still relevant and where it’s probably most useful
- Why PR is a harder job now than it was 10 years ago
- Why Brigitte wasn’t happy with running an online training business
- Why the design firm IDEO is a role model for Brigitte’s company
- Why a lot of nonprofits are asking the wrong questions about content
- How the work she’s doing now brings together different aspects of her previous work
- Why Brigitte believes that now is the first time in her life that she’s going toward what she should be doing
- What scares Brigitte about the transition she is making
- What cause or issue Brigitte feels strongly about but hasn’t been using her public/company voice for
“I don’t have to be the very best. What I have to be is relentlessly focused on our mission.” –Brigitte Lyons (Click to share – thanks!)
About Brigitte Lyons:
Brigitte Lyons is the founder of B, a boutique PR agency that specializes in storytelling for the social era. She works with mission-driven organizations and forward-thinking businesses to craft storylines that hook the media and captivate customers.
In addition to managing PR campaigns and content marketing for clients, Brigitte’s agency has a track record of teaching entrepreneurs how to take media outreach into their own hands. Her students have gone on to get coverage in CNN.com, Elle Decor, The Huffington Post, ESPN.com and more.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- B: the forward thinking PR agency
- Emilie Wapnick, Multipotentialite
- Tara Gentile
- Maggie Hassler
- charity: water
- The Energy Project, Tony Schwartz
- Action Station, Marianne Elliott
- Ryan Holiday
- Trust Me, I’m Lying, Ryan Holiday
- All Marketers Are Liars, Seth Godin
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You, Cal Newport
- American Apparel
- New York Times article about Amazon as a workplace
- Black Lives Matter
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.