Highlights of this episode:
- Why Julie left a 17-year career as a systems analyst to teach people how to tap into the source of their creativity
- What causes children to lose their creative spark and how we can reclaim our own spark
- How our internal voice of judgment gets in the way of creativity
- Why it’s important to remember that we’re not just our intellects
- What it might be like if we lived our lives as if we were writing on a whiteboard
- What our culture might be like if we could all learn how to embody the feminine and the masculine aspects of ourselves in healthy ways
- Why doing what you love is not a selfish thing but can instead be a way to serve
“What comes your way is always what you need in the moment – what you need to wake up – what you need to realize who you are. None of it is wasted.” –Julie Daley (Click to share – thanks!)
About Julie Daley:
Julie Daley is a teacher, writer, and coach, who has led hundreds of people from all walks of life on a journey to awaken the soul, the source of true creative expression.
Her journey began in 2001, when two deeply traumatic experiences caused her to leave her career as a systems analyst and become a certified Creativity in Business teacher, which is a course from Stanford Graduate School of Business. She also earned coaching certifications from The Coaches Training Institute and the International Federation of Coaches. Julie has worked with top teachers and trainers from around the world in emotional intelligence, conscious embodiment, leadership potential, spontaneous awakening, the sacred feminine, finding one’s purpose, healing the pain of the past, and disconnecting from negative conditioning. Her work as a coach and teacher of Creativity in Business has varied with the setting, from one-on-one to groups and businesses.
Julie has worked with corporations, including Microsoft, and she currently teaches Creativity and Leadership at Stanford University Continuing Studies. She guides individuals in specialized creativity courses, both in person and online. Julie serves coaching clients around the world with single sessions, while doing her long-term coaching with clients as a consciousness coach with Future Shapers.
As Julie’s own journey towards discovering the sacred feminine within deepens, she’s adapting all she’s experienced and learned in order to offer courses and coaching that help guide women into their own internal landscape. Julie considers it a blessing to guide you to the heart of this sacred, creative nature, to help you manifest it with consciousness, and to support you in delivering to the world the gifts you were meant to give.
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Michael Ray and Rochelle Myers – Creativity in Business
- Lucy Pearce
- Tao Te Ching
- David Kelley, IDEO
- The Gender Knot, Allan Johnson
- Danielle LaPorte
- Gabrielle Roth, 5Rhythms
- Fierce Conversations, Susan Scott
- Your Body Is More than a Head Transportation Vehicle
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.