Highlights of This Episode:
- How the death of Jennifer’s daughter, Grace, eventually led to the start of her midlife reinvention movement
- Why it took Jennifer 20 years to launch her movement, even though she teaches people about “busting through fear”
- What some of the initial challenges were when she started “Life After Tampons”
- What one subject people are not allowed to talk about on Jennifer’s website
- What Jennifer sees as her “dirty little secret” about motherhood
- Why she thinks that many women defer their dreams – and what finally got Jennifer to act on hers
- Why it’s important – and not as scary as you might think – to let people know what you need
- Some things that women who are reaching midlife can think about to help them reinvent themselves and move forward
- One gift of being a woman who has risen from tragedy and survived “the second worst thing that can happen to you”
- The decision that every grieving person has to make along the way
- How Jennifer’s family honors Grace every year on her birthday
- What’s next for Jennifer
“Live your one beautiful life like you mean it.” –Jennifer Boykin (Click to share – thanks!)
About Jennifer Boykin:
Jennifer Boykin, the Creative Visionary and Chief Rabble-Rouser behind the midlife reinvention movement Life After Tampons, speaks, teaches, and writes about “Women Who Rise.” She is a frequent contributor at major Internet sites and she blogs regularly for The Huffington Post. You can find her work at lifeaftertampons.com, where she happily makes trouble for a living.
Jennifer used to spend her life doing what was expected of her, but now she does the thing she most wants to do: help other women at midlife implement the answer to this question: What would you do if you knew you could not fail? To accomplish this, she has built a community where women don’t hide their lack of fulfillment behind their responsibilities to others. Instead, she encourages them to take responsibility for their own happiness and fulfillment.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.