Highlights of This Episode:
- What the term “creative rainbow mother” means and where it comes from
- What can happen when creative expression is denied or repressed
- Some myths about what being a mother does to one’s creativity
- Why it’s important to negotiate time for your creativity and to do the same for your partner or other caregivers
- Why it’s important to expand how we think about creativity
- Why conventional language related to “productivity” sometimes doesn’t resonate with women
- How men can support the creative practices of the women in their lives
- How Lucy balances her time between her creative endeavors, motherhood, and taking care of herself
- The motto that has guided Lucy throughout her creative and entrepreneurial journeys
“Don’t be really proud of your ability to multitask, and then simultaneously be frustrated that you’re not getting the right things done.” –Charlie Gilkey (Click to share – thanks!)
About Lucy Pearce:
Lucy Pearce lives to create, connect and inspire. She is a multiple Amazon bestselling author, publisher, vibrant artist, teacher, and mother of three young children. Her four non-fiction books are The Rainbow Way: Cultivating Creativity in the Midst of Motherhood, Moon Time, Reaching for the Moon, and Moods of Motherhood. She has also contributed to a number of book anthologies from Tiny Buddha, BlogHer, Wild Sister, and La Leche League. Her art has been featured in magazines, diaries, and calendars.
The former contributing editor at JUNO magazine, Lucy is the founder of Womancraft Publishing, which publishes life-changing, paradigm-shifting books by women, for women. Their first book, The Heart of the Labyrinth, went straight to #1 in its genre on Amazon, and was shared by Paulo Coelho on all his social media channels. Lucy is passionate about helping to midwife creativity, and offers mentoring and editorial services at Lucentword.com.
She blogs on creativity, mindfulness, and motherhood at DreamingAloud.net and is the creator of TheHappyWomb.com, a site for empowering women’s resources. Her articles have appeared in newspapers, websites, and magazines around the world, and she is much in demand as a speaker on radio and telesummits.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- JUNO magazine
- The Rainbow Way by Lucy Pearce
- Womancraft Publishing
- The Heart of a Labyrinth
- Paulo Coelho
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.