Topics We Explored:
- How Dusti began copywriting and secured her first paid gig
- What distinguishes copywriting from ghostwriting
- How Dusti leverages her acting background in her approach to ghostwriting
- How a few costumes led to the birth of Princess Parties
- How Dusti weaves her diverse background together into a cohesive brand
- Where Dusti sees herself in 3–5 years
- How Dusti feels about her upcoming high school reunion
- What frustrations Dusti has encountered in working in a multigenerational workplace
“So many people put unnecessary pressure on themselves to meet arbitrary deadlines.” –Dusti Arab (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Creative Giant Campfire on Facebook
- Ash Ambirge
- Princess Parties
- The Pirates of Penzance
- Duct Tape Marketing by John Jantsch
- Portland Area Theatre Alliance
About Dusti Arab:
Dusti Arab is the CEO and creative director of thinkCHARM, a digital agency providing online business management and marketing services for mission-driven creative businesses. Focused on creating more connected communities by building better businesses, Dusti’s work cuts across industries through fearless storytelling, relentless honesty, and a more natural approach to marketing.
Dusti’s a classic example of a Creative Giant: she’s an actor, a musician, a small business owner, an intersectional feminist, and mother of two kids. What makes her unique, though, is her boldness, as she moves from idea to doing it lickety-split.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 97 is sponsored by Sanebox. Sanebox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with Sanebox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with Sanebox.
Leave a Reply