Topics We Explored:
- Why having a successful career as well as pursuing other side projects can lead to more personal fulfillment
- How Debbie’s relationship with her son and his “differently wired” diagnoses has shaped how she pursues her career passions
- Why working through the chaos and not waiting for just the right moment can help you be more successful
- How the education system is not designed for those kids with different needs and capabilities, how to work through that, and how homeschooling may be an option (even if you never thought it could be)
“I think that as a parent, we have so many preconceived notions about what things should look like, and if you really start to question all of it, then you can find a lot more freedom in that experience.” – Debbie Reber (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Debbie Reber
- Differently Wired by Debbie Reber (now available for pre-order)
- Jonathan Fields RevolutionU
- Todd Sattersten
- Doable by Debbie Reber
- World Domination Summit
- Pamela Slim
- TiLT Parenting
- Penelope Trunk: Asperger’s, Creativity, and the Education System (Episode 169)
- Workman Publishing
- NeuroTribes by Steve Silberman
About Debbie Reber:
Debbie Reber is a New York Times bestselling author, certified life coach, and speaker who moved her career in a more personal direction in 2016 when she founded TiLT Parenting, a website, weekly podcast, and social media company for parents like her who are raising differently wired children. The TiLT Parenting Podcast has grown to be a top podcast in iTunes’ Kids and Family category, with more than 180,000 downloads and a slate of guests that includes high-profile thought leaders across the parenting and education space. Debbie’s next book is “Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World” (Workman Publishing, 2018).
In the summer of 2013, Debbie moved from Seattle to Amsterdam, where she currently lives with her husband Derin, homeschools her 13-year-old son Asher, and serves as lap-of-choice for her mischievous cat, Alex. She is an avid runner, traveler, and hiker, and claims reality shows and Twizzlers as her guiltiest of pleasures.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.